07 May 2010

file under "only in the pioneer valley"

Yes, i grew up in a place that gains national recognition for fantastic reasons, such as this.

awesome.

3 comments:

  1. Lord Jesus Christ says getting hit by car in Northampton crosswalk was part of God's plan
    By Patrick Johnson, The Republican
    May 11, 2010, 9:15PM
    The Republican / Patrick Johnson
    BELCHERTOWN - At the risk of sounding blasphemous, Lord Jesus Christ is a 50-year-old artist with gold-streaked dreadlocks down to his waist and a raspy voice who sometimes dresses in women’s clothing depending on his mood.

    “I realize it’s controversial. I’m not what people picture Jesus Christ looking like,” Jesus Christ said.

    The Belchertown resident who a few years ago began calling himself Lord Jesus Christ rose to prominence last week in a most painful way: a local news story about him being injured when struck by a car in a downtown Northampton crosswalk literally circulated the globe.

    The story was picked up by several dozen of newspapers nationally and internationally, as a well as the major news networks like CNN, ABC, FOX and MSNBC.

    “Really? That’s amazing,” said Jesus Christ, who said he was unaware of the attention generated by his accident.

    “I think that is very interesting,” he said. “It’s fascinating to me.”

    Jesus Christ has no telephone and no access to the Internet at home. To go online, he needs to go to the Belchertown library, but since the accident, he has been too banged up to leave his apartment in the Belchertown Housing Authority.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.
    freaking amazing.

    thanks for posting this - this is even better than the original story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you read the comments that were posted on NPR, at the end of the article? I love the one that said, "bystanders said Lord Jesus Christ looked a little run down". Sorry. I laughed myself silly:-)

    ReplyDelete