Just now on npr's "the splendid table" (or the delicious dish as i always want to call it) i listened to an exchange, which - like many things on npr - was not intended to be funny, but made me laugh out loud. it went something like this:
host: "If you're just joining us, we are answering your Thanksgiving cooking-related questions on the show today. Looks like we've got a question from Emily from Kansas City. Hi Emily, you're on the air."
caller: "Hi. Thanks for taking my question. My family has a special dish that we always have at every family event. This year it's my turn to bring it. I'm a bit of a foodie, though, so I was hoping you might have some ideas to help me make it a little more sophisticated."
host: "What is this family dish? I'm dying to hear!"
caller: "Well, traditionally, the family dish has only four ingredients: Cool Whip, cottage cheese, two packets of orange Jell-O and canned mandarin oranges. Is there anything I can do to improve it? Like maybe make it into a mousse or something?"
host: "No."
LOL:-)!!
ReplyDelete