11 September 2013

it's like andrew knowlton is deliberately trying to piss me off.

Apparently I spoke (wrote) too soon last month when I complained about Bon Appetit columnist Andrew Knowlton writing cutesy short pieces glamorizing Shit Poor People Like, because this month he managed to top that in one go:


What a gigantic asshole. I mean, how the hell does he think he will maintain any sort of credibility (not that he had any to begin with, at least in my eyes) when he extolls the virtues of 7-ounce Miller (fucking) High Life bottles?! I'm sorry, but even when I was underage and completely naïve when it came to the world of beer, I took one sip of Miller High Life and I knew that shit was terrible. Andrew Knowlton officially crossed the line from annoying douchey-ness to utter ridiculousness when he stated that High Life "is standard at any Foodist party" (note: If you weren't aware, "The Foodist" is his Bon Appetit nickname. I can think of a few others that would be more appropriate...).

This has got to be yet another a case of Andrew Knowlton thinking it's cute to pretend to be poor, and in his case, it's even more painful to witness than posturing hipsters ordering PBR. The vast majority of the magazine is devoted to local, artisan foods and yet all he can think to write about is High Life? There are so many fantastic light session craft beers out there. Obviously, as a beer snob, I take this one excessively personally, but even if I didn't care about beer, the sheer hypocrisy of writing about crappy beer on the same page that you suggest your readers carry a $70 5-inch Wusthof serrated knife with them at all times in case of baguette-cutting emergencies ("you know the importance of proper cutlery to one's summer eating") would still piss me off.

And I mean, really Andrew Knowlton: your piece on High Life is literally two pages away from a recipe for pickled nectarine salad with burrata and mixed bitter greens.

I just... I can't.

askldalsjdu;;fgeiafaslsdfaldjaidfjailifiadfjilajfl


No comments:

Post a Comment